Taft Properties maintain stronghold in Cebu real estate Industry with five pioneering and trailblazing projects
1. HORIZONS 101. The first vertical project of Taft Properties (TAFT) is not just tall. Its the tallest in Visayas and Mindanao. Despite several natural calamities and other challenges, it is right on target for delivery to its unit owners in 2015. At 55 floors above ground, H101 is making a statement that Cebu has ‘arrived’ and ready to compete with its counterpart, 2nd-tier cities in Southeast Asia.
2. TAFT EAST GATE. Engr Jack Gaisano, chairman of the board of Vicsal Corp, mother company of Taft Properties once said : “ We will not change the skyline of Cebu. We will be the skyline”. True enough, even before H101 can top-off, another project in Pope John Paul II avenue corner Cardinal Rosales avenue in the heart of Cebu’s business district (CBD) was announced. Taft East Gate, is a 10 billion pesos mixed-use residential community with commercial and retail components in the lower floors. With an area of 15,000 sq.m., the complex will feature four high-rise condominiums. Tower 1 will have 50 floors above ground and the three succeeding towers could be taller. Curvy, glassy and stunning, Taft East Gate’s imposing height will serve as guide to motorists entering Cebu’s business nucleus. In short, The Beacon of the Eastern Gate!
3. JOINT VENTURE WITH HONGKONG LAND. The real estate industry was surprised early this year with the news that a 20-hectare prime waterfront property in Mandaue reclamation was acquired by HongKong Land (HK Land) in partnership with a little known, media shy company, Cebu Asian Rim Dev. Corp. It was later identified as a subsidiary of TAFT. HK Land is one of the largest developers in Asia with notable projects such as Marina Bay Sands in Singapore and One Central in Macau. Cronepartners Australia is said to be drawing the master plan dubbed as ‘The game-changer‘.
4. JOINT VENTURE WITH AYALA. Last April, Ayala Land Inc.(ALI) through its wholly owned Cebu Holdings Inc. and Vicsal Corp, through Taft Properties, inked a deal for the development of a leisure-oriented mixed-use project in the latter’s prime seaside property in Mactan island. Located right across Mactan Shangri-la Resort and Spa, it has an area of around 20,000 square meters. The newly formed entity born out of the joint venture is named Taft Punta Engano Property Inc.
5. SYMFONI. TAFT is set to roll-out a new brand of low-rise condominiums designed to cater the affordable market segment. Symfoni will be built in strategic locations within the city and offer an alternative to housing developments far from the city. Traffic-buster in a way, the first Symfoni will rise in Nichols Heights in Banawa, Guadalupe with a price tag of less than P1.3M per unit and can be availed through Pag-Ibig or bank loan. This is by far the most affordable condominium project in its category in Cebu.
From the tallest tower to a ‘game-changer’ development and from a luxurious 50-storey beacon to the affordable Symfoni, TAFT Properties is set to continue playing a major role in the local real estate industry to maintain a stronghold in what it considers as baluarte……..Cebu.
In many ways, Taft Properties is indeed Cebu’s Real Estate Pioneer!